The Accounts Senior role is a great opportunity for someone who is qualified & experienced but looking to progress in their career and work in a fast-paced accountancy practice.
We are an entrepreneurial, independent firm based in Truro with an existing high calibre of experienced staff members.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
Accounts preparation from both incomplete records and computerised records
Company Tax returns
Self-assessment tax returns
VAT return assistance
Reviewing work of other employees
New client setup
Other ad-hoc projects as they arise
The successful candidate will be in charge of their own portfolio of clients ranging from Sole traders to LTD companies.
The candidate will need to have:
Full ACA/ACCA or CTA member qualifications
Experience in a well-established accountancy practice – min 3 years’ experience
In depth knowledge of accounts preparation for a range of businesses and sectors
Experience in preparing tax illustrations & providing advice
Good knowledge of using software such as Sage, Xero & QuickBooks
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the pressure of deadlines
The benefits on offer to the candidate are:
Time off above statutory leave
Paid professional subscriptions
A great chance to progress to a higher level
Work in an exciting & revolutionary firm
To apply please email your CV & a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling all bookkeepers…….
We are looking for a one of a kind, Bookkeeping Guru to join our team.
Whyfield is a well-established accountancy firm based in Threemilestone, which is just outside of Truro. We offer a huge range of support to businesses of all sizes including sole-traders, partnerships and limited companies. The turnover of these businesses can range from several hundreds of pounds to several millions of pounds.
Whilst working alongside our fantastic team of friendly, enthusiastic and ambitious professionals, you will have the opportunity to develop your practical, technical and personal skills by carrying out a wide variety of tasks including:
- Bookkeeping, which involves reviewing and reconciling business transactions, so that clients can benefit from the ability to budget, forecast and plan for the future.
- Payroll including Pension Auto Enrolment
- VAT calculations and returns
- Using software, such as Xero, QuickBooks, Sage, Freeagent and Microsoft Excel
- Attending and contributing to team meetings
- Engaging in regular communication with internal and external stakeholders by using the telephone, email and face-to-face meetings
- Maintaining an excellent relationship with clients by keeping them up to date on the financial health of their business and offering helpful advice
At Whyfield, we believe in giving you responsibility right from the start. You will be engaging with clients and business owners from day one and you will also have the opportunity to work independently and manage your own portfolio of clients.
- 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English, at grades A* to C
- It would be great if you have completed your AAT Level 2 and 3 or equivalent but this is not essential and qualified by experience will be considered.
- The most important thing, however, is that you are keen to thrive in a career in bookkeeping, working directly with clients and developing your skills
- We aren’t just on the lookout for someone with a long list of technical skills, we want to hear from a super-friendly, approachable person that is willing to go the extra mile to offer a top quality service to clients
- It is important that you hold the ability to work well independently and as part of a team. You will often need to work with other team members in order to meet a deadline, but equally, there will be occasions when you will need to work independently in order to complete a task
Other important information
- We have plenty of free car parking on site and are only a 5-minute walk from several bus routes.
- Our working week is Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 4.30pm
- We offer a competitive salary depending on experience.
- As an employer who puts a huge focus on heath & wellbeing in the workplace, we provide a whole lot more than the ‘norm’ to improve the welfare of our staff…..think herbal teas, fruit boxes, lunchtime walks, healthy eating sessions and mental health training.
- Other benefits include occasional company funded social events and the opportunity to attend a variety of fun networking events in the local area.
Please send your CV and a covering email outlining why you want to join Team Whyfield to email@example.com
WANTED – Dynamic Digital Accountant
We know these unicorns exist because we have plenty of them here already!
We set up when digital started to replace analogue accounting in 2014 so we’re really plugged into today’s cloud accounting systems. All of our clients are Making Tax Digital compliant (or very nearly there) so they are used getting instant performance data from our award-winning team who are all Xero and QuickBooks certified.
Don’t get us wrong; it’s not all stats and screens here. Teamwork is hugely important and commitment to growth plays a massive part too. Every single member of our team has a bespoke training plan based on where they want to take their career rather than something we impose. They’re all given time each week for CPD and we pay for all of their membership fees as well as supporting financially the progression of studies. Free onsite parking, working hours to beat the 5pm rush and competitive pay are also givens at Whyfield.
Our new mythical creature will be AAT qualified and we’d prefer practice experience but we’ll bend the rules for the right person! After all, dynamism scores highest.
Fit the bill?
Email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administration Apprentice
Starting Summer 2019.
This Level 2 apprenticeship position will suit ambitious, hardworking individuals aiming for a career in business administration. You will not only have the opportunity to study towards a professional qualification but will also be able to work in a dynamic, friendly environment.
Our administrative team members provide invaluable support to both staff and clients of Whyfield and the role will be varied and interesting.
You will gain valuable work experience whilst studying your qualifications at college and the job doesn’t end there…. there are plenty of opportunities for progression for all Whyfield employees.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent interaction skills and is confident with both written and verbal communications.
- Able to work well under pressure, be well organised and enjoy working with a variety of clients.
- Has a desire to learn, grow and develop both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Study Support
- Pension scheme
- Critical Illness Scheme
- On-going structured performance appraisal scheme resulting in your own development programme.
- Free onsite parking
- Social opportunities outside of the office
- Paid leave above the statutory holiday allowance
- Favourable working hours
Please submit a full CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com