We are looking for an Accounts Senior/Manager to join our team at Whyfield.
The Accounts Senior/Manager role is a great opportunity for someone who is qualified, experienced but looking to progress further within their career and become an integral part of the growth of a fast-paced accountancy practice as well as being a fundamental part of the development of a team.
We are an entrepreneurial, independent firm based in Truro with an existing high calibre of experienced staff members and fantastic clients both regionally and nationally.
The key tasks of the role are as you would expect for this position:
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Company Tax returns.
- Self-assessment tax returns.
- VAT Management.
- Tax planning.
- Reviewing work for junior staff.
However, the successful candidate will manage a small team and take charge of their own portfolio of clients and through building relationships, will have the opportunity to make the role their own and work strategically with clients and colleagues to offer an enhanced accountancy service, which goes above compliance and focuses on providing business support, encouragement, and empowerment to enable our clients to be successful.
The candidate will need to have:
- Full or part ACA/ACCA/CTA or CIMA member qualifications.
- Experience in a well-established accountancy practice – minimum 2 years experience.
- In-depth knowledge of accounts preparation for a range of businesses and sectors.
- Experience in preparing tax illustrations and providing advice.
- Good knowledge of using software such as Sage, Xero, and QuickBooks.
Other desirable (and potentially more important) attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good sense of humour.
- Enjoy the benefits of being a proactive member of a team.
- Being an ambassador and advocate for your profession.
- Ability to adapt and overcome and see the positive in a situation.
As well as a competitive salary, dependent on experience, we offer lots of great company benefits:
- A company culture that promotes work/life balance with our newly introduced four-day working week.
- Time off above statutory leave (including a yearly Duvet Day).
- An employer who puts huge focus on health and wellbeing in the workplace, providing a lot more than the ‘norm’ to help improve the wellbeing of our staff, including mental health and wellbeing support, group lunchtime walks, fruit boxes, herbal teas, healthy eating sessions and mental health training (plus a bowl of office snacks).
- A calendar of bi-monthly company-funded social and wellbeing events as well as the opportunity to attend a variety of fun networking events in the local area.
- An individual development plan with clear progression.
- Access to professional financial advice and planning.
- Private healthcare.
- Pension scheme.
- Ample free parking on-site, and only a 5-minute walk from several bus routes.
- A commitment from us to your continued professional and personal development.
- Paid CPD and Training support.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
Part-time or full-time applicants welcome!
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Or apply on Indeed.
Application deadline: 18th July 2022
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £26,000.00 – £32,000.00 per year