The government have now released further details on how the Job retention scheme will work in respect of employers being able to claim up to 80% of the wages of staff whose jobs are no longer available in the short term due to Covid-19.
- Employees must’ve been employed before 28th February 2020
- Includes all types of contracts including zero-hour contracts
- 80% of salary or average pay over the last 12 months (or from start date for those with less than 12 months employment)
- No work can be carried out during furlough
- Minimum furlough period of 3 weeks.
The full guidance can be found in the link below: